Click to finish: What Your E-mail Response Time Says About You
The CollegeHumor family is hiring and we figured the Tumblr community is the best place to start looking.
We’re looking for an Assistant Editor of Jest.com.
You’ll work alongside the CollegeHumor and Jest editorial staff to collect and curate funny content.
- Write engaging headlines, descriptions, and keep fans engaged via social media
- Discover and cultivate funny writers and manage a freelance payment system to keep them writing
- Monitor Internet trends and viral videos, and organize them in meaningful ways
- An appreciation of comedy and pop culture, particularly on the Internet
- Ability to write clearly and persuasively while also sneaking in some jokes
- Already spending too much time on the Internet
- Extremely detail-oriented, while working quickly and efficiently
- 1 + year writing experience preferred
To apply, please submit a resume and short cover letter here.
We want to get to know you. So when you submit your resume, please include the following:
- Your 5 favorite videos you saw online over the past six months
- Your 5 favorite websites (hint: you should probably include us)
- Anything you’ve done that will help convince us you’ve got a sense of humor (A link to your Tumblr or other blogs count!).
To Whom it May Concern:
I am writing to express my interest in being another sheet of paper that you skim. Due to my palpable lack of marketable skills, I am confident that I can make myself completely forgettable in the space of a few paragraphs. You will see that I am highly capable of this. I have two bachelor’s degrees. I’m sure that the following embellishments of my misspent life will make you want my sweaty, unfit body to be near yours in an office every weekday for many years. LOOK AT ME! Are you looking at me? Good.
Now I’m going to start lying about being good at the position you are offering. I will begin by making a completely empty statement by saying that I think I can be a valuable member of your team. I saw “Remember the Titans” twice in theaters. What a team they were, huh? That’s just one example of the empty logic I am employing in order to pass off my substandard abilities as the exact qualities of a desirable candidate. Additionally, I have extensive experience using computers, often for web games and porno. Ergo, I can meet the challenges of this tech-savvy position because, for the purposes of this cover letter, all computer skills are the same computer skill. And did you know that I went to college? That’s probably where I learned to waste people’s time.
I have also interned at several places. I spent the bulk of those internships thinking about mentioning them here, to you. Wow, I can’t believe I haven’t used the word “qualifications” yet. Oh shit, here it comes. I have many qualifications:
(Source: College Humor)
If you hear “LAMP” and don’t only think of Anchorman quotes, we might have a job for you.
We’re hiring full-time developers for these positions:
(Source: College Humor)