The CollegeHumor family is hiring and we figured the Tumblr community is the best place to start looking.
We’re looking for an Assistant Editor of Jest.com.
You’ll work alongside the CollegeHumor and Jest editorial staff to collect and curate funny content.
- Write engaging headlines, descriptions, and keep fans engaged via social media
- Discover and cultivate funny writers and manage a freelance payment system to keep them writing
- Monitor Internet trends and viral videos, and organize them in meaningful ways
- An appreciation of comedy and pop culture, particularly on the Internet
- Ability to write clearly and persuasively while also sneaking in some jokes
- Already spending too much time on the Internet
- Extremely detail-oriented, while working quickly and efficiently
- 1 + year writing experience preferred
To apply, please submit a resume and short cover letter here.
We want to get to know you. So when you submit your resume, please include the following:
- Your 5 favorite videos you saw online over the past six months
- Your 5 favorite websites (hint: you should probably include us)
- Anything you’ve done that will help convince us you’ve got a sense of humor (A link to your Tumblr or other blogs count!).