“I recently convinced my parents to update their 8 year old desktop to a new iMac. My dad was confused as to why he couldn’t install all his old Windows programs on it. In particular, he pulled out a box containing an edition of TurboCAD for Windows 95 on seven FLOPPY DISKS and asked why he couldn’t install it.”
And now you can’t move anything on your desk ever again
My boyfriend’s mom is ALWAYS on the computer so I assumed she was fairly good at it. I have sinced learned otherwise:
1. She has 3 copies of everything (and none of them are organized by folders or ANYTHING)
2. She has had Facebook for a year I think, and just recently learned that she had a profile when I showed it to her.
3. I told her once that it was easier to find things if you save them to your desktop while you are using them. She has since saved EVERYTHING to her desktop.
4. She can ONLY use her e-mail if it is on outlook express. There is no other way.
5. DO NOT PRANK HER USING THE COMPUTER. One day when she was gone, i took a picture of her desktop (with the TONS of pictures and icons) and moved them all to a folder in the corner. Then I set the screen- shot as her background so that it looked like the icons were all there but they weren’t clickable. Apparantly, she turned the computer off and on a few times before cussing it and blaming the problem on a virus.
(Source: College Humor)
“My friend’s dad called me because he didn’t know where the Desktop button was on his “icon screen.””