Watch 6 more videos to find out the real reason the cantina doesn’t serve droids, why the sand people are so chill, and how Boba Fett survived the Sarlacc. Watch now.
The Star Wars Cantina Band Held Auditions. Here’s The Hilarious Footage.
Look the part, book the part.
For the new Batman/So You Think You Can Dance crossover.
Though fun, and rewarding part of the collegiate experience, college a cappella can be a nightmare of nuance for the uninformed student. Even choosing which groups to audition for can be its own ordeal if you’re not sure what to look for. Here are some hot insider tips that’ll put you on the fast track to instrument-free success:
- Often, groups will run open houses or meet-and-greets before auditions, and if you can successfully pretend to be a member of the group, there is no state or federal law requiring you to ever stop.
- Every group has its own traditions, like signature songs, year-end beach trips, drowning a freshman, or drowning a couple of freshmen. Plan to be drowned.
- Any group that performs in goofy hats or sings a semi-ironic rendition of Mulan’s “I’ll Make A Man Out Of You” is an absolute wellspring of fun and creativity and should be pursued relentlessly.
- Some schools have a few more whimsical groups, like “pirate” a cappella groups that hijack other groups’ performances, or “sexual predator” a cappella groups that lie in wait in the dead of night.
- Some groups are steeped in decades of history, like the Yale Whiffenpoofs or the Harvard Krokodiloes. If this is intimidating, just remember: nobody cares a bit. Not even the tiniest fucking bit.
- Your audition is your one chance to introduce yourself, so make sure you pick a song that reflects YOU! If you’re fun-loving and relaxed, try the Pokemon theme. If you’re boring, how about the Pokemon theme?
- Three words: cry a little. - finish reading
Whoa, talk about commitment. He’s still in character now.
Or “frienditions,”if you want to be eliminated immediately.