1. How come they didn’t use any muggle inventions to inform their magic inventions?
2. Why wouldn’t everyone get a magic portrait of themselves and essentially live forever?
3. Why would J.K. Rowling even include the time-turner?
4. So, was Hagrid’s dad just a pervert or what?
5. If Fred and George had the Marauder’s Map during the events of the Chamber of Secrets, why didn’t they use it to help figure out who was opening the chamber?
6. Why would Hogwarts have students ride to the castle on animals they could only see if they’d seen death?
7. Why does Malfoy try to befriend Harry when they first meet?
8. Why aren’t they more careful what they teach Slytherin kids?
Finish reading 12 Things That Still Bother Me About Harry Potter
Who Would Win in a Fight? [Click to start voting]
And be sure to send us your toughest one and we’ll RB to help crowdsource the answer.
A real click-turner.
Finish reading “If Popular Books Had Clickbait Titles”
Controversial street artist Banksy has begun a month-long residency in New York, and while it’s exciting to see his art on display here in the Big Apple, some of his newer work seems somewhat…uninspired. Don’t believe us? We snapped a few exclusive pics of his latest pieces from around the city to help you decide for yourself.
Anyone Else Feel Like Banksy Is Getting Kind of Lazy? [Click for 4 MORE]
1. Cars: Cars can’t talk. This is supposed to be a heartwarming tale about a cocky protagonist learning what really matters in life, right? Too bad the audience is COMPLETELY unable to focus on this aspect because, oh yeah, all of the characters are CARS, but they all somehow manage to speak PERFECT ENGLISH! I tried talking to MY car in English once, and all it did was sit there silently and remind me how LONELY I am!
2. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone: Magic isn’t real. This movie starts out great when it looks like it’s going to be about how to ostracize people who are weird and small. But then, all of a sudden, it turns out that the wimpy kid with glasses has MAGIC POWERS! Oh, wow, totally believable, except that MAGIC DOESN’T EXIST! I’ve known this ever since a magician came to my sixth birthday party and said he was going to pull a rabbit out of a hat but wound up just having sex with my mom.
3. The Fox and the Hound: In real life, it is impossible to overcome differences. I haven’t spoken to my brother in TEN YEARS because he thinks Paul McCartney is more talented than John Lennon, but I’m supposed to believe that a fox and a hound will IGNORE the roles society has already laid out for them and become FRIENDS? No way. Also, I REALLY MISS my brother.
4. Rookie of the Year: The Cubs are terrible. Seriously, have you seen their record this year? It’s pathetic.
1 MORE HUGE Plot Hole in a Classic Children’s Films [Click to read]
The Return of the King is an awesome movie. But, if you watch it again, you’ll notice that there are roughly seven different times where the movie could have comfortably ended, and then another ending scene is tacked on. You can argue the value of most of these unnecessary scenes, but not the part when Frodo wakes up in the enormous bed and then everyone comes in to excitedly greet him and have lots of weird slow laughter and creepy soft light that makes everybody look like cherub figurines. It’s embarrassing to watch.
See what the 6 other movies are.
(Source: College Humor)
Harry Potter PSAs [Click for 12 more]
Today is Harry’s birthday. Happy birthday Harry. You are a slightly above average wizard by wizard standards. Hermione is really the star of the book and you just leeched off her knowledge without due gratitude.
Sidenote: You’re awesome from a muggle’s point of view, like my own.
J.K. Rowling’s Deleted Harry Potter Character [Keep reading]