The Pope’s Exit Interview Questionnaire [Click for full post]
This morning, Pope Benedict XVI shocked Catholics around the world by announcing that he would resign at the end of this month, making him only the second pope in history to do so. Surprisingly, there is in fact protocol for these things.
What is your primary reason for leaving?
Offered new employment.
What additional reasons contributed to your leaving?
- Old age
- Wanted change of pace/vacation time
- Workplace frustrations (limitations of the Apostolic See, lack of general upkeep of my cathedral the Archbasilica of St. John Lateran)
- Toxic work environment (Craig)
What was most satisfying about your job?
- Being preserved from the possibility of error
- Authority over the Sacred Magisterium as spiritual successor to St. Peter the Apostle
- Bagel Fridays
What was least satisfying about your job?
- Lack of benefits / opportunity for advancement
- Dealing with my pope hat, widespread sexual abuse scandal, etc.
- Co-workers (Craig) [Keep Reading]